August 22, 2011

Four Ewe - DIYers

Seriously I'll stop sorry! I <3 Homonyms! OK this is for my Houston folks. I always scan the Zest section of the Chronicle, this weeks was especially awesome because it was the fall festival guide - if you didn't get it - dumpster dive it's amazing and actually gives a fairly accurate accounting of the festivals going on around most of Texas. I got so excited I couldn't decide whether to break into a rousing rendition of "Deep into the heart of Texas" or "Margaritaville" (Do you have ANY idea how many Texas fests revolve around drinking) - sidetracked, sorry. Anyway while flipping through the Zest section I found an add for the most fun shop I've been into in a long time. I should preface this with a couple of things. If you like to buy your decorations and you are not into DIY projects - the artists of the world thank you VERY much, but you're likely to be bored outta your gourd so I hope you have a lovely evening.....
OK still here - It's called Texas Art Asylum  http://www.texasartasylum.com/ and it ROCKS! Anything and I literally mean just about anything you could possibly want or need is there. I'll be posting in the next couple of days the art project that I saw there that I will be duplicating. If you need anything - keys, doorknobs, doll pieces, hand mixers, buttons, jars, crayons, old records - ANYTHING they have great stuff for reuse! I have seen so many great art projects and so many of you have made some truly amazing things that I hope you find some of this helpful - and if or when you're in the city check them out. Organized chaos - they didn't once look at me like I was nuts, and when I walked in - saw all the stuff - I think I must have looked like a crazy person, I think I might have actually bounced and clapped like I had been bit by a rabid circus monkey. Seriously - check 'em out - great stuff - thanks ladies!

1 comment:

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

I will keep this post in mind for my first trip to Houston! Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday. We are partying again and I hope you will stop by! :)