November 3, 2011

Master Bedroom Update

So as I think I have previously mentioned the house was built tin the 70s and is in desperate need of an overhaul - however without breaking the bank - there's only so much people can do. Thant's why I love paint. In all it's many forms (who doesn't love a good crackle finish) there is so much that just some inexpensive decor and a fresh coat of paint can do. For the master I re-purposed some things I had previously had hanging in other rooms, and got a couple of new things from Garden Ridge.
Has everyone been to Garden Ridge lately - it's like Hobby Lobby on LSD, with a discount. When I pull into the parking lot of the newest one in Willowbrook - my palms get sweaty and my heart starts racing and I just know I'm leaving there with at least 6 things I never knew I always needed. Anyway a couple of before and afters - and all told I did it cheaper than any of those HGTV shows - wahoo!



Before:



After:









Super love this piece got it at a christian ministry resale shop for $40 along with it's mate which I'm using in another room. Utilize these places they are awesome!


1 comment:

Patty & Kenneth said...

Much softer and inviting! Good job!